Thursday, January 8, 2009

Romantic with a capital Arrr

So I caught up with what happened in Sydney.

What is with that place, huh?

Second year in running where it's had a precariously balanced match decided in Australia's favour in the dying moments of the fifth day, but even that's not relevant now. Apparently a seriously injured Smith came out at number 11, and in spite of everything, very nearly managed to stick it out to the end and pull off a draw.

I never liked this man. But now a grudging respect burgeons.

I wish acutely now that I'd followed that match. Being a hopeless romantic, I'm a big sucker for drama on the cricket field.

See? No monkeys, no BensonnBucknor, no slapping butts with cricket bats and all that jazz, and you've got more Drama than you can shake a spoon at.

Sometimes people try too hard.

3 comments:

Leela said...

Why didn't you never like Smith??
Such a caring type... opens the batting too despite being the captain; he could always send in some poor sod u know.

Maithreyi said...

I never liked Smith because he is singularly the most unattractive cricketer I've ever laid my eyes on.

... So I'm shallow. Sue me. >.>

:p

Leela said...

Oh you teenagers.. its all about the looks with you.

:-)